Where to get rainbow/pride caduceus lapel pin for white coat?

Happymadness

MD student or whutevuh
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2013
Chitown
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know where to purchase the rainbow caduceus lapel pins? (See below for pic)

Seems like this would be a good place but they're out of stock :confused:

1581184406659.png

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
There are a lot of different ones on ETSY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads

Dave1980

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I would strongly consider not wearing any pin that involves sexuality or religion. Most importantly it might alienate patients (we take care of bigoted people unfortunately) but also may be seen as unprofessional.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I would strongly consider not wearing any pin that involves sexuality or religion. Most importantly it might alienate patients (we take care of bigoted people unfortunately) but also may be seen as unprofessional.
I would argue otherwise. Almost all healthcare employees, including medical students, interns and attendings, at Mass General Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital wear rainbow stickers on their badges. Other people can pitch in for hospitals in other parts of the US. I believe they provide a sense of security for LGBTQ-patients. Although, that sense of security might be false if the person wearing the sticker/pin does not have any competency on issues facing LGBTQ people or treat them as if they just saw an alien...

Anyways, I am for wearing pins. Those pins do not show the sexual orientation or gender identity of the person wearing it, but signfy a welcoming space for LGBTQ people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads