Where to go from here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainsaint

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had some pretty horrible issues going on last semester, and wound up self imploding (figuratively speaking) I wound up failing 2 classes and barely passed the third class.

To further compound the situation, I'm now a junior, and because my school happens to offer one to two classes tops of Introductory Chemistry, I got assed out of a spot freshman year, and I'm just now getting to take Organic Chem. I can finish all of my pre-req's for med school (Studying my ass off this summer), and retake all the classes I messed up in by the time I graduate, but after seeing just how bad I did this semester, I don't think I'm going to be able to apply to medical school for another year or two

In the meantime I'm planning on working on building my EC's and such, but after I graduate, I was thinking about getting a cert and working as a Medical Technologist for a few years. There's a market there for them, and I'm not sure where exactly I'm going to go with a degree in Biochemistry. I'm just completely unsure on where to go from here. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

if you have 2 year off to commit to a job, some other good career choices besides what's already mentioned:

-research assistants/associates
-life sciences management consulting
-healthcare reimbursement/finance consulting
-healthcare IT
-pharmaceutical sales
-social work (teach for america, americorps, etc.)
-non-profits

a lot of these jobs are hard to come by in today's economy. my suggestion is to network proactively and early -- also, make sure you are on top of the recruitment workshops/deadlines if any of these types of companies come recruiting at your school.