Where to go next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ideedit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior studying abroad and am a psych major who is interested in pursuing a PsyD. I have research experience at my school, pretty good grades and good club involvement. However, I have ZERO knowledge of where to start researching programs, deadlines, etc. I haven't started studying for the GRE yet. I have strong verbal and reading skills though, but am pretty bad at math. Am I far behind many people in the process, and where do you recommend I go next?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a junior studying abroad and am a psych major who is interested in pursuing a PsyD. I have research experience at my school, pretty good grades and good club involvement. However, I have ZERO knowledge of where to start researching programs, deadlines, etc. I haven't started studying for the GRE yet. I have strong verbal and reading skills though, but am pretty bad at math. Am I far behind many people in the process, and where do you recommend I go next?

It's too late to apply for 2012, but you are in the right place. Read back through old threads here and you will find a wealth of information. Also consider picking up the most recent edition of The Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology.

It's too late to apply for 2012, but you are in the right place. Read back through old threads here and you will find a wealth of information. Also consider picking up the most recent edition of The Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology.

I'm graduating in 2013 so I'm still okay right?

I'm graduating in 2013 so I'm still okay right?

yup, though it's good to be thinking ahead. the book i mention above will give you a good idea about what you should be doing now to prepare for grad apps next fall (if indeed you plan to go straight through, which may or may not be a good idea).