Where to live at UMich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crab2008

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to live on U of Ms campus for a reasonable price? I'm out of state and these prices just seem ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend looking at places in kerrytown, I think that is where more grad students live vs undergrads. And yea I think the prices will be high everywhere unless you go further off campus.

Thanks, do you think living on North Campus would be a bad idea, it seems significantly cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still think kerrytown is your best bet. Close to the dental school and also close to main street bars/restaurants. I would say find a roommate to cut the costs. If you do look at places on north campus, just keep in mind the 10-15 minute bus ride you will take two times a day with all the undergrads. Or I guess you could drive but I don't know if there are places to park around the dental school. If there is a big cost different and it seems worth it to you, then go for it. Also, I went to umich for undergrad, not dental school, so take this advice with a grain of salt and talk to some current students to see where they live.

I also went to UMich for undergrad, not dental school. As an engineering major in undergrad, I'd highly advise against North Campus. I could not live there even with my classes being all on North Campus because it was so incredibly lifeless.

If you know of anyone who might have the hookups, I'd try to look into some apartments near the CCRB on Geddes or Wilmot. I've found those locations the most desirable in terms of proximity to the dental school and gym as well as having respectable pricing. The only downside is they are generally not very spacious, but if you spend all day at school or the library anyways, it just means less square feet for you to vacuum on the weekends.