Where to Live in Dominica (ROSS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blee321

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHHH I don't know where to live.... :scared: in dominica... I was looking at all of the pictures of various places to live and they all look scary even the ones that are 1500+ / month. Does anyone know/recommend a place to live on dominica? (preferably a Ross Student/alum) Thanks
Sincerely.
Brian

Members don't see this ad.

blee321 said:
AHHH I don't know where to live.... :scared: in dominica... I was looking at all of the pictures of various places to live and they all look scary even the ones that are 1500+ / month. Does anyone know/recommend a place to live on dominica? (preferably a Ross Student/alum) Thanks
Sincerely.
Brian

There are no $1500/month apartments in Dominica. ANYWHERE. Unless you are renting an entire house right on the waterfront.

Live on Lizard Trail. That's the safest/closest to campus. There are plenty of comfortable places. Do not live at Kootney/Silver Lining. Moo Cow Road is where all the bad things happen. It's too long and too secluded and VERY poorly patrolled.

Live as close to campus as possible. That should be your mantra.

-Skip

try banana trail....but try not to get a place that is far from school. you don't want to walk 10 minutes (that would mean it's too far) to get to school. 5 minutes max would be safe!

i remember the pink house on campus (almost anyways)...and it was about $1000 per month, and you did get an AWESOME view of the ocean.

good luck,

A.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the campus managed appartements?

blee321 said:
What about the campus managed appartements?

ross owns part of pbh now. They were renovating part of it when I left.

All I know of PBH was that it was a horrible dump.

Pink is ok. Owner isn't the greatest, but its got a great location, which allow the owner to be an a$ $.

Safehome is good and is close by (where I lived). Double is nice and big. Single is over priced and tiny. But its got central AC (which you can't control) and a backup generator, with laundry down stairs.

I think its best to live on lizard trail or right off of the main street. Mr T's house is pretty good too (not the apartments over his store).

There was also some apartments right across from the shacks near the chinese restaurants.

a part of "portmouth beach hotel" has been updated. they are called ross housing units now. and monthly rent is US$ 395. the inside looks fine, has a microwave, a bed, a refrigerator (i think). no stoves.

it has an ac unit. they all look clean. and the beach is about 1 minute away.

picard, portsmouth has been budiling more and more apartments, non-stop. sooner or later, i think that the rent price will go down, because there will be just enough for everyone.

and ross first semester this time only had less than 200 students.

according to our mail list, we have exactly only 927 students this semester.

I need some more info on housing at Ross. Should I wait til I get to the island to get housing? Can anybody provide a few good options about where to live. Thank you