Where to look for jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeneralVeers

Socially Distanced
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduating seniors, what do you think is the best resource to find available jobs? I've been looking online, and it's frustrating.

Half of the job listings don't even tell you what city/town the job is in, and almost none tell you the salary. These would seem to me to be key elements...

Members don't see this ad.

The salaries are almost never posted (nor are they for most professions; however, unlike most other jobs, our wage tends not to be too negotiable unless they really need you bad).

There are a few options for looking:
1) contact recruiters.
2) decide what region you want to practice in, then begin cold calling or faxing resumes to each medical director. They are suprisingly responsive.
3) make sure you attendings are aware of your seach, they may have connections.
4) try chatting with your graduated seniors as well.

Good Luck!

The salaries are almost never posted (nor are they for most professions; however, unlike most other jobs, our wage tends not to be too negotiable unless they really need you bad).

There are a few options for looking:
1) contact recruiters.
2) decide what region you want to practice in, then begin cold calling or faxing resumes to each medical director. They are suprisingly responsive.
3) make sure you attendings are aware of your seach, they may have connections.
4) try chatting with your graduated seniors as well.

Good Luck!

I would vote for 2,3,and 4. Recruiters mostly get jobs that haven't filled other ways. I would add to the above. If you really want to go somewhere specific line up some part time gigs in your town of choice. Work those until they get to know you and offer you a full time spot. Most of the people I know who got jobs in Denver and didn't graduate from Denver Health got them that way.