Where to start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distressstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in learning more about military dentistry. Can someone point me in the right direction? Usually I would read whatever is stickied, but there are no stickies on this board :p I want to read up on some information to see if I should pursue a military dentistry scholarship or not. I just know a few nit-bits of information here and there, but is there a comprehensive resource of some sort?

If possible, it would be great if I can get some questions answered too.
1. How early do I have to get my paperwork started? I will be submitting my aadsas application this June.
2. Do I have to compete for a spot? This is mainly to realistic gauge my chances of getting a scholarship and will affect whether or not I apply to the more expensive dental schools like USC.
3. What factors will I need to consider if I want to start a family? If my SO is also a professional and cannot move freely, will this be an issue?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't want to sound like an a-hole here but if you use the search function, you can literally find all the answers for your questions in no time since those types of questions are asked all.of.the.time. You can also browse through the sticked army, navy, and af threada for those info

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I am interested in learning more about military dentistry. Can someone point me in the right direction? Usually I would read whatever is stickied, but there are no stickies on this board :p I want to read up on some information to see if I should pursue a military dentistry scholarship or not. I just know a few nit-bits of information here and there, but is there a comprehensive resource of some sort?

If possible, it would be great if I can get some questions answered too.
1. How early do I have to get my paperwork started? I will be submitting my aadsas application this June.
2. Do I have to compete for a spot? This is mainly to realistic gauge my chances of getting a scholarship and will affect whether or not I apply to the more expensive dental schools like USC.
3. What factors will I need to consider if I want to start a family? If my SO is also a professional and cannot move freely, will this be an issue?

Thank you!

1. Talk with your recruiter or search the boards
2. Yes
3. Search the boards. If your SO cannot move, this may be an issue. Otherwise, they can get licensed in another state when you move.

Search the boards, you are just starting your journey, you are going to learn a lot to questions you don't even know yet if you start reading.