Where to Stay at Stanford??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankanator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So from what I gather, Stanford doesn't offer student hosts.

For anyone that has already interviewed, where did you stay? Stanford Linear Accelerator Guesthouse (sounds romantic), Hotel California (with the Eagles) or Cardinal Hotel?

I'm kind of surprised there isn't something else since about 60% of their interviews are for out-of-staters . . . and California isn't exactly a two-hour drive end to end.

Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

The Linear Accelerator center was totally fine and a bargain. Plus, then you get to stay at a linear accelerator center, not many of those around.

I heard the Linear Accelerator lodging was nice. For your info though, Stanford does have a student host program. It's just that it's not publicized on the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
SLAC is totally cool. Only 5 minutes drive to the medical school. You may want to go the admissions office 15 min earlier to get a parking permit. It takes 5 mins to walk back to admissions office from the allowed parking lot.

I just called about the student host info. Hopefully that will work out!

SLAC does look like an interesting option, but at this point even $65 is a big deal for my depleted bank account.

I really appreciate the advice. Got any pointers for the interview day? This will be my last interview (#11) so I'm really just looking for something that might be out of the ordinary. And I don't know how it was for you guys, but right now I'm salivating at the thought of Stanford . . .

jankanator said:
I just called about the student host info. Hopefully that will work out!

SLAC does look like an interesting option, but at this point even $65 is a big deal for my depleted bank account.

I really appreciate the advice. Got any pointers for the interview day? This will be my last interview (#11) so I'm really just looking for something that might be out of the ordinary. And I don't know how it was for you guys, but right now I'm salivating at the thought of Stanford . . .

Wow... #11 interview :eek: . Anyhow, Stanford's interview day was pretty standard: financial aid prez, two 1-hour interviews, student-led tour, boxed lunch, meeting with curriculum advisor to ask questions. The financial aid presentation was very comprehensive, and the interviews seem very relaxed. There's downtime during the day, so you should use this chance to explore the beautiful campus. With 11 interviews under your belt, I'm sure you'll do well. If Stanford likes you enough, they may contact you 2-weeks post-interview with an acceptance.