where to stay for my cincinnati interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at cincinnati next week. any hotel/motel suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

sdnstud said:
I have an interview at cincinnati next week. any hotel/motel suggestions?

I think there's a hotel near/and/or attached to the hospital. I don't know what it's called though.

The Vernon Manor is pretty cheap. It looks like the hotel from The Shining inside, but it isn't bad, and they have a shuttle to take you to the med center.

Members don't see this ad :)
me and my fiance are staying at the one on campus which apparently is the 1st floor of a hospital cuz its the cheapest one on the paper they gave. hes there for the 15th

its cheap but the facilities are not very great. These are rooms that patients' families stay in. Pretty sanitary, but weak soaps/toothbrush/paste/ towels. Also, the sheets are like motel room quality. The shower was disappointing

I think they are good for interviewing though because you don't have to worry about navigating unknown streets to get to school. And they had a pretty extensive breakfast there, with lots of bakery items and coffee. Its pretty good if you're into being fat, or eating like you are.

Anyway, goodluck on ur interview. Mine was completely stressful and I haven't heard back yet.

The Kingston convention center is the one right on the medical center campus. I stayed at the Vernon Manor and ended up walking to the school, it's a good 15 minute walk.

LUBDUBB said:
The Kingston convention center is the one right on the medical center campus. I stayed at the Vernon Manor and ended up walking to the school, it's a good 15 minute walk.

You're thinking of the Kingsgate Mariott. I imagine that would be too expensive to stay in for an interview, but obviously it would be pretty posh.

The place other people are talking about is Holmes Hospital (not university hospital). It's right across the street from the medical sciences building. They have one floor converted into guest rooms. Cheap, convenient, maybe not so nice...but you'll only be there for a couple hours anyway, right? Don't associate the quality of that "hotel" with the quality of our school.

Are you driving? I stayed in the suburbs just off I-71. It was near the Paramount Kings Island amusement park. Lots of nice, reasonably priced hotels in that area, and it only took about 25-30 minutes to drive into U-C. The parking garage connects directly to the medical school building, which is very convenient.