Where/when to send Transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franzliszt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The university I went to has a great system for sending transcripts to the AMCAS but I am confused on some points. I just graduated.

• Should I select SEND NOW or HOLD UNTIL SPRING GRADES POSTED or HOLD UNTIL DEGREE POSTED
  • Should I also send myself a copy? My unofficial transcript randomly has courses duplicated, except the duplication has no grade (NG) and no course hours. I'm wondering if the official transcript also has that
An example of the duplication on my unofficial transcript would look like

BSC 118 Fall 2014 Honors Bio A 4 credit hours
BSC 118 Fall 2014 Honors Bio NG 0 credit hours

That has to be the lab section right?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

The university I went to has a great system for sending transcripts to the AMCAS but I am confused on some points. I just graduated.

• Should I select SEND NOW or HOLD UNTIL SPRING GRADES POSTED or HOLD UNTIL DEGREE POSTED
  • Should I also send myself a copy? My unofficial transcript randomly has courses duplicated, except the duplication has no grade (NG) and no course hours. I'm wondering if the official transcript also has that
When will spring grades be posted? Call and ask if you aren't sure. Obviously they know what yours are, at least unofficially, or you wouldn't have qualified to graduate. Ideally, they'd be on the official transcript you send in, especially if any of the prerequisites are listed for your last term.

Yes, send yourself a copy. It will be your guide for entering coursework and grades into the application.

Prior to matriculation to med school, you'll need to send in another official transcript to that one school. The posting of your degree can wait until that time.