Where would it be appropriate to add new information on secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't submitted the majority of my secondaries, but I recently started a new volunteer gig and am likely going to start a new job soon. Where would it be appropriate to put this information? For some schools, they ask for "future plans" so I could put it there. Other schools ask for additional comments, and I chose to put a "why us" or diversity essay in the space. Would it be acceptable to add a blurb at the bottom of this about this volunteering and potential job, as separate from the other essay I add there?

In addition, for one of my clinical activities, I was able to keep in contact with a patient via phone during the pandemic. Would this be a red flag if I talked about it?

@LizzyM @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Make sure you answer the prompt specifically. If the prompt asks for future plans, that's where your future activity goes.

If the prompt asks is there anything else you want to add that isn't included in your application oh, then that would also be a suitable place for new endeavors.

why would being in contact with a patient be red flag? I trust that you have a good reason for including it in your essay

Make sure you answer the prompt specifically. If the prompt asks for future plans, that's where your future activity goes.

If the prompt asks is there anything else you want to add that isn't included in your application oh, then that would also be a suitable place for new endeavors.

why would being in contact with a patient be red flag? I trust that you have a good reason for including it in your essay

I was just thinking it might be confusing if, under additional comments, I put a "why us" or "diversity" essay and then had a separate blurb about something else. Basically two mini essays that aren't related

I thought it could come off as a red flag for professional reasons. Maybe they would wonder why I had a patient's phone number. Maybe this shouldn't be an issue, especially with COVID and so many people using telehealth now

So this wouldn't be considered infringing on patient privacy?