Where you get Practice Tests: a word of warning...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know it's pretty close to test time, but if you're like me, you tried to round up as many practice tests as possible from every source possible. That said, BEWARE of picking up REA's "The Best Test preparation for the MCAT". Never have I ever seen such a false representation of the MCAT. If you take the tests, your head may very well explode.

-The exams are filled with inaccuracies

-terms are used that were never on the list of the MCAT material from AAMC

-the physical sciences section requires WAY too many calculations

-the difficulty level far surpasses that of the MCAT (in my opinion)

So just be wary of these facts before you pick up the book. I feel like I wasted $40 dollars on this garbage, and it completely crushed my morale. Learn from my mistakes guys.

Tim

Members don't see this ad.

Timmythemic22 said:
Hey Guys,

I know it's pretty close to test time, but if you're like me, you tried to round up as many practice tests as possible from every source possible. That said, BEWARE of picking up REA's "The Best Test preparation for the MCAT". Never have I ever seen such a false representation of the MCAT. If you take the tests, your head may very well explode.

-The exams are filled with inaccuracies

-terms are used that were never on the list of the MCAT material from AAMC

-the physical sciences section requires WAY too many calculations

-the difficulty level far surpasses that of the MCAT (in my opinion)

So just be wary of these facts before you pick up the book. I feel like I wasted $40 dollars on this garbage, and it completely crushed my morale. Learn from my mistakes guys.

Tim

Just to warn you guys, as far as I'm concerned, REA sucks for just about everything except US history.

Feel free to correct me, but every REA book I've seen (excluding US History) is horrible.
-Dr. P.