Where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok would you rather do research at Yale or at the University of Puerto Rico for the summer? I know the answer may be obvious to some, but there are some pro's/con's of both.

Advice is apprecited:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Go wherever you feel comfortable. Consider the lab, how many grad students you'll be under (and how many you like being under), what the research is, how well funded it is, etc etc etc...

Who cares about the names?

I don't at all. There is a MD who does research that I really am interested in at Yale, but then I want to go to Puerto Rico bad:eek: A summer of dancing, good science, and Spanish is my second major, I need to fulfill intern rec's.

Members don't see this ad :)
go to puerto rico...you're not going to get many chances to get paid to go visit a beautiful place like that. last summer i had a similar decision: get paid lots of money to do research at the pharmaceutical company eli lilly, or do an internship doing oceanography research at the university of hawaii....i went to hawaii. the research wasn't at all biomedical in scope, but i still had plenty of success in the MSTP admissions process because of other strong research experiences in the biomedical sciences. it was the best summer of my life and i don't regret my decision one bit.

Thanx vmn2, I agree totally. I would rather visit a beautiful place for the summer, and I can DANCE:love: , while doing research..Yale can wait. We will see. What schools did you apply to?

i'll be starting at ucsf in about a month...i really wanted to go to school out west so i was focusing on going to either ucla, ucsf, ucsd, or stanford. luckily things worked out the way i wanted them to. have fun in puerto rico, and don't work too hard.

vmn2

Thanx..good luck in med school:clap: