where's the best Ophthalmology school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyemed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to be an ophthalmologist (surgeon), and I'd like to know which are the best schools of ophthalmology around the world, according to you. I'll get my MD in 2010 and then I have no problem on going abroad, I speak english, french and italian fluently, but I'm gonna learn spanish and german too.
SO, WHICH YOU THINK ARE THE BEST OPHTHALMOLOGY SCHOOLS?

Members don't see this ad.

There are no "ophthalmology schools". Ophthalmologists go to medical school and then complete a residency in ophthalmology. There are certainly many great medical schools and people will debate the best residency programs as well. There are a handfull of programs that will appear on just about everyone's list.

Isn't the best one in Miami? But getting in requires more than speaking 5 languages if you're an international medical graduate.

For "school" I intended "residency", sorry :)

The fact I speak some languages was in relation to the fact that I'm not worried about going abroad: I obviously know that it wont help me being an ophthalmologist!
I wrote that I speak more languages cause I hoped that also non-us residencies would have be mentioned.

Thanks for your informations!