Whether to tell schools i'm taking aug. MCAT

Started by newdude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newdude

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello, I'm in dilema.

okay so I am gonna take august MCAT and I already have taken mcat once, it's valid, and the score is good, but i hear some schools won't consider my app until they see the august score eventought my other score is good and my app is done.

so should i report on AMCAS that i'm taking august mcat. I realize you gotta be honest but if i tell the truth then my app won't be consider and it could potentially hurt me.
I hear it's up to individual school in terms of what they do.

what should i do, should i report/not report.

thank you

p.s. its about even 30.
 
Also, if you tell them you are not planning on taking the August MCAT, that would be a lie. You certify your application saying it is truthful to the best of your knowledge.

Some schools may not be too happy that you mislead them.