Which AAMC for evaluating my cousin's readiness for the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medikit

Plastic Bag Middle Class
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My cousin is taking the mcat in August and I'm helping him study. I'd like to see where he is at and give him a much needed test taking experience. Which AAMC test covers the full range of material the best? I was going to go with 5R, does that sound good?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you're doing a preliminary evaluation. I'd use 5R for that, 6R in the middle to see how the progress is, and 7 for a final.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the 3R even though people said it is not a good example of what AAMC tests are like now. I figured I did not want to waste one of the solid tests as a diagnostic.Also the 3R is free online.

Also there is the free TPR test you can do online.

1. I think the KAPLAN material is a lot harder than these AAMC material that I have been working with. One of my course instructors told the class that we should focus mainly on using the KAP stuff(i.e topical tests, subject tests), and don't really work on the AAMC material until the final week before the MCAT (use them as confidene boosters he put it).THats what he did and he made a 37. So does everybody agree???

2. In verbal, I am struggling with some of these humanities passages, you know the types that start with ...."The ancient philosophies of the Greeks...." etc. The more "real world" passages as I like to call them, those that deal with political, business/economical, or science related passages I have no problem with. Plus the philosophical passages are more abstract and you tend to get lost in them as well..................so how do ppl who are good with thse types of passages handle them??