Which address do you put on your secondary applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll be applying this summer and as I was going reading up on the process I found that if I applied early enough, secondary applications could start rolling in as early as July. Now, I got to school in Alabama, and it doesn't start until August 23, so I'll be home in Maryland until then. This poses the problem, which address should I put down on my AMCAS for the secondaries to be sent. My home address where I'll be until school starts or my school address. I don't want secondary apps coming home when I'm at school. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Members don't see this ad.

I would put your home address, since your other address won't exist when a lot of secondaries are being sent out. Also, over 90% of my secondaries came via email. The bigger concern is where decision letters are sent.

Once you go back to school update amcas with your school address. Most med schools are pretty good about recognizing the change, but you should still email each school separately notifying them of the change.

just my $0.02