Which are the most respected journals in gas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

driverabu

www.riograndband.com
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing it up again, but I can't seem to find the old post that mentioned which organizations/journals every gas resident should be a part of/read. I know that "Anesthesiology" from the ASA is good and have been receiving those for a while now...I will eventually become part of the AMA as soon as my status changes from IMG to Resident. What else is out there that is respectable and reliable? Thanks guys/gals!! GO SPURS GO!!!! (although they got their arses whooped the other day!! :oops: )

Members don't see this ad.

Anesthesia and Analgesia is from the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS). Years ago it was referred to as the "yellow journal" because the cover was bright yellow, but last I looked, it was light brown.

For an interesting look at a variety of business-related issues, Medical Economics is an interesting read as well, with some good real-world advice on a variety of issues. It's available online at www.medicaleconomics.com

There are a number of free "throwaway" journals as well such as Anesthesiology Review that are worth thumbing through for interesting tidbits.

2004 Impact factor rankings top 10 in Anesthesiology
http://in-cites.com/research/2005/november_21_2005-2.html

Rated by "Impact factor" which for those of you who don't know, is the number of all current citations to source items published in a journal over the previous two years and dividing by the number of articles published in the journal during the same period—in other words, a ratio between citations and recent citable items published.

The pain citations are likely higher as there are fewer journals competing.

1 Pain 4.06

2 Anesthesiology 4.06

3 Clinical J. Pain 3.06

4 Brit. J. Anaesthesia 2.47

5 Anesthes. Analgesia 2.18

6 Anaesthesia 2.16

7 European J. Pain 1.81

8 Reg. Anesth. Pain Med. 1.6

9 Acta Anaesth. Scand. 1.41

10 Canad. J. Anaesthesia 1.21