Which Board Review course? Brigham or George Washington or MD Anderson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatNanym

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what people's opinions are on this. Which board review course should I buy? My program does not provide either for its fellows, so I just wanted to make sure what I invested in was worth it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've watched some of the Brigham and the GWU review course videos and I would say that I personally like the Brigham a bit better. It's more streamlined and the speakers don't go into random tangents like the GWU does (I think GWU is structured more as a practice update for practicing heme-onc physicians, who also may or may not need to re-certify). GWU does invite a lot of heavy-hitter speakers though from a wide variety of institutions (and it's quite interesting even as a current fellow) whereas the Brigham is all HMS faculty. I don't know anything about MDA (and I think MSKCC also has one?).

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with lulu09, I took the GWU course, it was good as its a good revision and also keeps you interested but too many tangents and not enough questions. Brigham is more concise and too the point.

Friends who did the MD Anderson ones said they like it for the Hematology part,not sure my self.

I think you would be fine with either.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess if you've got $1500-1800 burning a hole in your pocket and live/video is the only way you've been able to pass your board exams so far, either one should be fine.

I can't speak for the Heme boards, but ASCO-SEP QBank and Heme/Onc Questions (~$300 for both...not connected to either other than as a user) were more than enough for me.

I used both.

MDACC for oncology + malignant heme
GW for benign heme (also good for neuroendocrine tumors and the more rare cancers)

MDACC is terrible for benign heme

I've watched some of the Brigham and the GWU review course videos and I would say that I personally like the Brigham a bit better. It's more streamlined and the speakers don't go into random tangents like the GWU does (I think GWU is structured more as a practice update for practicing heme-onc physicians, who also may or may not need to re-certify). GWU does invite a lot of heavy-hitter speakers though from a wide variety of institutions (and it's quite interesting even as a current fellow) whereas the Brigham is all HMS faculty. I don't know anything about MDA (and I think MSKCC also has one?).
Hi
Do you have access to GW best practice 2022
I need it for my exam
Thanks