Which book is good for Chem section?

Started by Lan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lan

...
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I saw some threads and found out that Kaplan doesn't cover the Chemistry section well enough. So, which book is better for the Chemistry section?
 
Kaplan does a sufficient job in covering general chemistry.

But for organic chem, you might want to try MCAT books like Examkrackers because they do a much better job in that area.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try 'Organic Chemistry' by Bruice.
We already had that book in our Organic I course and it is indeed a great book.

My organic chem professor has a website with reviews and lectures that he posted online. He also has problem sets and old exams that are really helpful. His website is http://www.asu.edu/courses/chm332/top.html
Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the link. I'd take a look over it. I am taking Organic II either this summer or the coming Winter...so it might be helpful for me to prepare for the August PCAT.
 
Last edited:
WOW !!!!!!!! thank you very much, you are a life saver. By the way, does he also teach general chem or anything similar ?

Unfortunately, he doesn't teach general chem.

I just looked throught it and it's Organic II, is there organic I ?

He did have organic I up, but he took it down to get ready for the new fall semester. He will put stuff up there as he goes through the semester. Just click on his name on the top and then go to teaching and it lists his classes. Also, I don't know if you all saw this but if you click on the top where it says "f lectures" that is where he posts the reviews and lectures. He should have organic II up until december so I would try to download as much as possible unless you are not taking the Jan. PCAT.
 
I think you can just click on the link and then hit "save as" in the file but I'm not sure if it actually saves.
That should just save the html page, not the flash file. I believe that the latest RealPlayer (Beta?) version had that option to download flash (though I am not sure if it still works, since I had some updates with my PC and it no longer works)