Which Caribbean School to apply to???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

russianguy13

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which school should i apply to???
Hi,
I am wondering of doing a career change from being an RN to MD
I have a Bachelor's in Bio from University of Miami with a cGPA of 2.7
I have a MS in Biomedical Sciences from Barry University with a cGPA 3.3
I have numerous volunteering and outside activities
I have been working as an LPN/RN for the past 3 years.

What are my chances at the Big 4???
Do i have to take the MCAT???
 
Which school should i apply to???
Hi,
I am wondering of doing a career change from being an RN to MD
I have a Bachelor's in Bio from University of Miami with a cGPA of 2.7
I have a MS in Biomedical Sciences from Barry University with a cGPA 3.3
I have numerous volunteering and outside activities
I have been working as an LPN/RN for the past 3 years.

What are my chances at the Big 4???
Do i have to take the MCAT???

You must take the MCAT.

Won't really know your chances till you get that score back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What if i get a 25 on the MCAT do i stand a chance and where???
You'll stand a chance at any of the big 4. However, one thing you should keep in mind, all carib are money driven. Have you thought of applying broadly MD/DO first? It is becoming difficult landing a residency spot in the U.S as a foreign medical school grad as medical school enrollment had significantly increased and new med schools are being open. In your shoes, carib med school will be my last resort. Just my 0.2c.