Which class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kacieyeager

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time lurker, no posts as of now.

Just have a quick question. I have the option of taking both cellular physiology and comparative animal physiology as one of my advanced sciences. (non-trad student, already have a bachelor's degree, just finishing up pre-reqs for application this summer/fall). I am already taking biochem for one class. Which of these classes would be better? Are both fairly equal? All I know is that cell. phys is a 300 level and comp. animal phys is a 400 level. Does it matter?

thanks in advance,
Kacie

Members don't see this ad.

you'll have more fun in animal physio, cell physio is kinda small unless you really like things on the micro scale.

Kacie,
First of all congratulations on deciding to choose such a great profession. You may want to ask the schools that you are interested in because some admissions people are very particular that you adhere to certain courses...Just a bit of advice because I ran into a similar situation. Have a nice day and good luck with the application process...
Jeff :thumbup:
kacieyeager said:
Hey guys! Long time lurker, no posts as of now.

Just have a quick question. I have the option of taking both cellular physiology and comparative animal physiology as one of my advanced sciences. (non-trad student, already have a bachelor's degree, just finishing up pre-reqs for application this summer/fall). I am already taking biochem for one class. Which of these classes would be better? Are both fairly equal? All I know is that cell. phys is a 300 level and comp. animal phys is a 400 level. Does it matter?

thanks in advance,
Kacie

Thanks for the quick replies!

I checked my school's admissions requirements and it says, basically, university level sciences. Honestly, I hated microbiology and don't care for cells so much, so I was thinking that comparative animal physiology sounded pretty good. I would like someone's opinion of the class, though. I am taking biochem on the advice of the dean of admissions from my dental school. He seemed pretty ambivalent (sp?) about the other courses, though.

You may ask why these two particular classes, though... Well, I'm having to get these two classes in on Tues/Thurs this semester due to work. Cell phys and comp animal phys are the only two higher level bios given on tues/thurs. :(