-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Which company is least preferable?
Started by BrightLight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cvs
Hold your horses man, I haven't had time to post the candidates list yet. 😛
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see Wrong Aid has got a vote. That's a little surprising. Whoever cast that vote cares to share your reasons?
While I hear stories of CVS and Wags having evil as **** management, all I ever hear about with rite aid is how incompetent management is

I see Wrong Aid has got a vote. That's a little surprising. Whoever cast that vote cares to share your reasons?
Horrible company to work for. I was hired as a grad intern from being an intern in that area and then they basically told me we have no openings so we have to let you go (i traveled like 1 hour for this internship btw cause they told me they had nothing in my area). Then they told me they had no openings in the area I would like to move to but all my friends that work for them say they need pharmacists. Anyways so they tried to shove me in the middle of nowhere and when i said no they basically took me out of the system. I still haven't got my last pay check. They have absolutely no loyality to their workers and they treat their workers like crap.
15 min RX and uniforms. Plus the corporate initiatives were so dumb. This company is worse than CVS or Walgreens combine.
Horrible company to work for. I was hired as a grad intern from being an intern in that area and then they basically told me we have no openings so we have to let you go (i traveled like 1 hour for this internship btw cause they told me they had nothing in my area). Then they told me they had no openings in the area I would like to move to but all my friends that work for them say they need pharmacists. Anyways so they tried to shove me in the middle of nowhere and when i said no they basically took me out of the system. I still haven't got my last pay check. They have absolutely no loyality to their workers and they treat their workers like crap.
15 min RX and uniforms. Plus the corporate initiatives were so dumb. This company is worse than CVS or Walgreens combine.
So they're still doing the 15 min promise or a gift card?
No chit for Walgreed?! I am very surprised. Common, I know there's a lot of chits going on at that company.
D
deleted205891
So they're still doing the 15 min promise or a gift card?
No they're not, but they're still cutting hours like crazy.
I had the opportunity today to visit my old Wrong Aid where I used to work as an intern. There were 2 of us (interns) there, and we both graduated in the same year. Well, they cut both of the positions and the PDM refuses to hire anyone new, so apparently the pharmacist in that store is going insane now. Even when both of us were there, it was still busy. Reminded me how great it is to be out of retail. Hopefully my PGY1 will actually get me a job.
No chit for Walgreed?! I am very surprised. Common, I know there's a lot of chits going on at that company.
Everyone (including myself 😳 ) is still excited about getting the ESI contract renewed. With that and the way clinical services are going, it looks like there might be light at the end of wag's tunnel.
Gotta love them interns when they are so naive and excitable... 😍Everyone (including myself 😳 ) is still excited about getting the ESI contract renewed. With that and the way clinical services are going, it looks like there might be light at the end of wag's tunnel.
I will vote for Walgreens; it was horrible for me (as an intern but I saw what all the pharmacists had to deal with there). Though to be fair, I really can't say which is the worst of the three, I just dislike all retail pharmacy in general.
I can only speak to CVS and only as an intern. So far, 'not as bad as people make it out to be' would be my classification.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they're still doing the 15 min promise or a gift card?
They ended it but people (customers) still want it. they still have signs for it around.
Does anybody still applies for a job as pharmacist at Wrong Aid? I have read so many comments that this company is going down the drain much faster compared to other big chains. Its stock price is basically worthless. Is this the company to avoid to work now?
D
deleted205891
Does anybody still applies for a job as pharmacist at Wrong Aid? I have read so many comments that this company is going down the drain much faster compared to other big chains. Its stock price is basically worthless. Is this the company to avoid to work now?
I think more people from my class went to work for them than any other company. They still hire, and lots of people still want to work for them. They were the #1 company (not just pharmacy, out of all the companies of all kinds in the US) projected not to survive 2009. Well, guess what, it's 2012 and it's still standing and not going anywhere. I don't think they'll close. The problem is that they stay open on a minimalist budget with very little tech hours and IMO this is dangerous for patient care.
I think more people from my class went to work for them than any other company.
Is it because Wrong Aid has more vacant spots than other big chains?
Gotta love them interns when they are so naive and excitable... 😍
![]()
I was an intern a year and a half ago.
I **cking hate interns now. Some of these dumb kids think they are God's gift to pharmacy.. I can't wait till they become RPh's and see what being a real pharmacist is like, and also so I can stop working with them
Is it because Wrong Aid has more vacant spots than other big chains?
I think a lot of people take wrongaid and then move out after they get a better offer quicker than other chains. I know in my metro area Wrongaid is the only company hiring people who never even set foot in a wrong aid. CV$ and walgreed didn't even take internal interns cause they had no spots.
Gotta love them interns when they are so naive and excitable... 😍
![]()
Gotta keep the hope alive as an intern 😳
CVS .......WAG is in line to take that trophy all others are not that far behind either
While I hear stories of CVS and Wags having evil as **** management, all I ever hear about with rite aid is how incompetent management is![]()
I hear this sentiment a lot too.
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K