Which Dental schools don’t accept courses from Community College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gasedo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Tufts doesn’t. Anybody knows others?

Members don't see this ad.

I think most schools do but if you took courses at a community college they will scrutinize your DAT scores more heavily in sections pertaining to the courses you took at the cc.

Also, going to community college alone won't get you into dental schools. I think all dental schools require that you have experience at a 4 year institute. I know you didn't ask this but I decided it was worth putting down anyways!

I am pretty sure that all schools will accept CC credits, however they limit them. The figure is usually 60 credit hours. BU (I think) is a little lower (eg 45 hrs)

-C

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU questioned my ability to suceed in Dental school based on the number of credits I had at a CC. In fact they said they needed more credit from a University before they cuold get a real feeling about getting accepted there. I think it would be wise to make sure you transfer to a University soon. 60 credits at CC then move on to University.

Just try and take gen bio, gen chem, orgo, and physics at a 4 year university.

utahdent123 said:
VCU questioned my ability to suceed in Dental school based on the number of credits I had at a CC. In fact they said they needed more credit from a University before they couold get a real filling about getting accepted there. I think it would be wise to make sure you transfer to a University soon. 60 credits at CC then move on to University.

That reminds me.... I have 75 or so hours from CC. In Florida (I am not sure about other states) you are only allowed to transfer 60 to the University that you attend. Hence, I had to complete the remaining 60 at UF.

-C

utahdent123 said:
VCU questioned my ability to suceed in Dental school based on the number of credits I had at a CC. In fact they said they needed more credit from a University before they couold get a real filling about getting accepted there. I think it would be wise to make sure you transfer to a University soon. 60 credits at CC then move on to University.
I have already a Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry from a 4 year University, but I took the first 2 years at CC.
The thing is I have another BS taken in Europe, so I am not sure how they going to look at my CC classes. :confused:

Gasedo said:
I have already a Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry from a 4 year University, but I took the first 2 years at CC.
The thing is I have another BS taken in Europe, so I am not sure how they going to look at my CC classes. :confused:

What classes did you take at the cc? I took 1 yr. of gen bio, g chem, o chem, and calc at the cc. I had no problems with any school.

DS it is said:
What classes did you take at the cc? I took 1 yr. of gen bio, g chem, o chem, and calc at the cc. I had no problems with any school.
I took all my prereq., about 60 credit hrs.What were your stats if you don't mind?

SuperC said:
I am pretty sure that all schools will accept CC credits, however they limit them. The figure is usually 60 credit hours. BU (I think) is a little lower (eg 45 hrs)

-C
why do u think that is?
i started taking some classes there - i'ts tuff. I already have a 4 yr degree but this pre-calc and chem class is kicking my ass.

these classes are just as competative as my undergrad courses