Which Fellowship can be obtained in the quickest way?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lawrenceho

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I would like to ask where can I obtain the Fellowship of neurology in the quickest way? Pls specify!
 
Nerdoscience said:
Have you completed a neurlogy residency already?

I just want to know where can I obtain a fellowship (the qualification of being a specialist) in the shortest duration...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neurology is not a subspecialty, so you would need to do a 3-year residency in Neurology. To be eligible, you must complete one year of internal medicine (so 4 years total). There is no Neurology fellowship.
 
Is he maybe asking what is the shortest fellowship? I don't know why he'd want to do a fellowship simply because it's shorter than the others--just don't do one at all.