sweats2scrubs

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2015
I know to prioritize the AAMC FL and have put it in my study schedule, but I also have 11 Kaplan FL +diagnostic and have heard that EK FL are the closest to the actual MCAT. There's no way I'd be able to do all of the FL as one sitting exams, but was wondering if I should prioritize certain 3rd party FLs over others. Are there certain Kaplan FL that are better than others? Or should I just get the ones from EK or elsewhere? If so do they have certain FL that are better to prioritize? Which FL combo do you suggest?

etp123

5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have heard NS and then EK are the best 3rd party FLs. TBR next, then Kaplan and PR if you really need them. No idea how Gold Standard fits into all that.

sweats2scrubs

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2015
I have heard NS and then EK are the best 3rd party FLs. TBR next, then Kaplan and PR if you really need them. No idea how Gold Standard fits into all that.
I've heard that too. Any idea how the tests rank within the company? For example EK has 6 FLs, are some within the group better than others?

About the Ads

SteyrFWB

5+ Year Member
May 2, 2015
My priority would be quick content review then FL. Mostly FL.

I will have Kaplan Quicksheet as an open-book reference.
Do AAMC Flashcards (takes only two days)
Go to UWorld MCAT 800 question pack (excellent, excllent graphic explanation), read BOTH correct and wrong answer explanation. (will take a month, but excellent !!)

Go start FL.

Next Step 1-5
Altius 1-10 (excellent explanation)
Add Testing Solution for CARS every day.
Do AAMC Section Bank
Finally AAMC stuff
Official guide (1/2 FL)
Sample test
FL 1, 2, 3

Use Kaplan Quicksheet as open-book reference. Last day prior to MCAT just review that Quicksheet a few times, then relax.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads