typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How are we supposed to go about answering these types of questions? Is there some systematic approach to them? I still don't really understand it.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Experience and probably solubility rules sometimes. For instance, alkane + heat + O2 = CO2 gas evolves always.

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Experience and probably solubility rules sometimes. For instance, alkane + heat + O2 = CO2 gas evolves always.

right but that's just a simple combustion reaction, I'm referring to the somewhat obscure ones where the passage will just tell you that they mixed a bunch of crap and BAM some gas evolves

About the Ads

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I'm not sure why A, B, or D are wrong, but whenever I did these problems and saw CO2 as an answer choice, I picked it unless there was no way CO2 could be formed. There's carbonate, and acid in the mixture. Acid + Carbonate = carbonic acid (H2CO3) and you know from physiology that there is an equilibrium between H2CO3 and CO2+H2O.

Again, I can't tell you why A, B, or D are wrong, but whenever these types of questions pop up I pick CO2 if I can think of a way CO2 could be made.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.