Which GPA do they look at/favor?

Started by deleted878916
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted878916

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my average college GPA is 3.2ish. But when I calculate my GPA using just prerequisites for optometry school (bio, chem, org, physics, etc.), my GPA is like 3.5ish. This is because I took bio and physics and community colleges but I've managed to match a bunch of A's for other courses at my original university also. I guess my question is since 3.2 is an iffy GPA, will the 3.5 be considered over the 3.2? My first two years in college were a mess, but I've raised my GPA this past year.