Which is a stronger course of action?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astrolotl

Ask me about my neurodivergence :-)
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm so excited to become more involved in posting in these fora instead of just reading :) I'm hoping for some perspective on a decision I'm likely to be making soon. I'm a nontrad student, currently a senior having studied business to help me learn the skills I need to grow the nonprofit organization I work with. I've applied to several postbac programs, and I am wondering how, if I have the fortune of acceptance to both one year and two year program, I should approach making a decision between the two. I understand that this is a personal question, and that there is no right answer, but I'm more so looking to hear ways to approach evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of each one that might help me make the decision myself. I appreciate in a two year program that I will still be pushed meet rigorous academic standards, but I will also have more time over all to develop my clinical experience. I am not too concerned with a two year program where I take org in the final semester turning into a three year timeline for applications to medical school. I am in no rush, I want to be prepared when I apply. That being said, if I can still find quality opportunities and the time to pursue them in a one year program, I would not be opposed to it, I just worry I won't have time to really invest myself in the opportunities and saturate my time with patient connection. I'd rather wait and get to make real connections, but if COVID will limit those opportunities, I don't know what I should expect or aim to evaluate? Any help appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

A post bac program for career switchers should be or have:
1) cheapest tuition
2) some type of linkage to med schools or have a verifiable track record of getting people in
3) Have advising
4) Include MCAT prep

This will not be a one year program. Figure two years+ for Bio and Chem 1/2, then two years for Orgo and Physics, then Biochem and whatever else you might need.

These programs are a dime-a-dozen so do your research and be prepared to relocate

Reactions: 1 user