Which is best for reading comp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikel905

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bootcamp? Achiever? Qvault? Crack?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hooked on phonics.... ;)
Achiever will make you cry (no joke got a 15 and a 13 on one)
Qvault is alright but people claim too easy/ too much Search and Destroy
Crack- only did the demo
BC- heard its good practice and harder (?)

People also read a science article every day, and they say that works for them (there is a link on bootcamp website). If you have the time, just know that investing in any one of the software mentioned for reading will set you farther a part from your ghost data. If you get achiever for anything, it should be for PAT alone. good luck

The absolute best though would be the 2007 or 2009 DAT reading section :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hooked on phonics.... ;)
Achiever will make you cry (no joke got a 15 and a 13 on one)
Qvault is alright but people claim too easy/ too much Search and Destroy
Crack- only did the demo
BC- heard its good practice and harder (?)

People also read a science article every day, and they say that works for them (there is a link on bootcamp website). If you have the time, just know that investing in any one of the software mentioned for reading will set you farther a part from your ghost data. If you get achiever for anything, it should be for PAT alone. good luck

The absolute best though would be the 2007 or 2009 DAT reading section :)

I agree with discensdentibus "The absolute best though would be the 2007 or 2009 DAT reading section".

Anytime type of reading will increase your speed, national geographic, newspapers, etc. Not all reading passages on the DAT will necessarily be science related, they can cover a ride range of topics. This is an important section of the DAT and most dental schools want to see at least an 18 in this section.

Reactions: 1 user
Read some scientific articles, it will help you get used to reading dense materials! Then use Kaplan.....as far as methods of RC goes, I like the search and destroy method

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked using Bootcamp. Top Score is great too in my opinion, although slightly easier than the real thing.

Hello,
Would you consider Bootcamp the same level as the DAT or a bit more challenging?

In my opinion, sciences on Bootcamp are more challenging, PAT on Bootcamp is easier, and reading about the same. Hope that helps!

Use Crack Dat for strategy building--search and destroy
Bootcamp is harder so take those after Crack Dat and you should be good to go

- I got 23 on reading comp and thats what I did

Use Crack Dat for strategy building--search and destroy
Bootcamp is harder so take those after Crack Dat and you should be good to go

- I got 23 on reading comp and thats what I did
What were your crack scores

Most people on this site seem to agree that Bootcamp's RC is harder than the DAT, so it is good prep material. If you want one more RC test that seems decently challenging, DATgenius has a RC section, and the first test is free.

I can't seem to to pass 18 on my CDR. I scored 17/18/17/18. Any recommendations? I've been pretty much mapping each paragraph quickly. Is the real test very S&D able? CDR has a lot of tone, inference etc.

I can't seem to to pass 18 on my CDR. I scored 17/18/17/18. Any recommendations? I've been pretty much mapping each paragraph quickly. Is the real test very S&D able? CDR has a lot of tone, inference etc.
Very test dependent. I go to the first question that can be s&d and begin reading from beginning (slower at beginning and map a tiny bit) until I find it. Works on cdr. Just skip tone problems until you do all the fact ones