Which journals have "for learning cases" of clinical vignettes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJ1000F

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am try to find assemble cases published in well reputed journals that are basically clinical vignettes that highlight the key points for presentation of certain diseases, in this case, specifically for ophthalmology. I swear I have seen them in like JAMA or NEJM pop up on my facebook feed but was wondering which other journals have these and if they are called anything in particular to be able to search them up. I imagine they don't really have abstracts so the finding them has been challenging.

I am not looking for case reports exactly where it is some unique presentation or case, just really the cases that run of the mill exemplify a condition

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am try to find assemble cases published in well reputed journals that are basically clinical vignettes that highlight the key points for presentation of certain diseases, in this case, specifically for ophthalmology. I swear I have seen them in like JAMA or NEJM pop up on my facebook feed but was wondering which other journals have these and if they are called anything in particular to be able to search them up. I imagine they don't really have abstracts so the finding them has been challenging.

I am not looking for case reports exactly where it is some unique presentation or case, just really the cases that run of the mill exemplify a condition

Thanks!

The American Journal or Ophthalmology Case Reports is probably a good place to start. This is a subsidiary of the American Journal of Ophthalmology.

i imagine most journals have something like this, even NEJM has their case reports from mass gen series which is not terribly student friendly (but awesome)

for students the best of these is probably the "in the clinic" series from annals of internal med. very good overviews of common clinical scenarios and very student friendly (it is written for students)

annals.org/aim/in-the-clinic

The American Journal or Ophthalmology Case Reports is probably a good place to start. This is a subsidiary of the American Journal of Ophthalmology.

Appreciate the suggestion, though what I'm looking for are a bit less esoteric rare, cool cases.
What I would really want is something very run of the mill like an anterior uveitis example that just sort of goes through a typical clinical vignette. It's mostly the clinical vignette I'm after. I feel like I've definitely seen these types of articles in the past, I just cant place where to look as the best place for something like this