Which letters of rec for anesthesia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

darth_chonker

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I'm applying anesthesia after a late switch from ENT. I have 2 letters from anesthesia, one from an attending and one department letter, and one from my PI (ENT) who I did a research year with. Who should I get another letter from? The chair of ENT offered to write me a letter, but I don't want to come off as dual applying. Should I use this letter, or try and get a medicine one instead? Should I ask both my PI and chair to emphasize I'm applying anesthesia in the letter? Thanks!