Which master program prior to radiology residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrightMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The title says it all; I'm willing to pursue radiology as my life call. Therefore, I need to do my residency in either USA or Canada. Since I am not a citizen of either countries, I need to have solid qualifications, a master program on the top of good grades in the Board exams is a must, I believe.

Which master do you think I should have? and is it essential to do it in either countries or in my own?

Some advised a master in Medical Physics, others say in anatomy,,,,

Please advise,

Many thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

The title says it all; I'm willing to pursue radiology as my life call. Therefore, I need to do my residency in either USA or Canada. Since I am not a citizen of either countries, I need to have solid qualifications, a master program on the top of good grades in the Board exams is a must, I believe.

Which master do you think I should have? and is it essential to do it in either countries or in my own?

Some advised a master in Medical Physics, others say in anatomy,,,,

Please advise,

Many thanks,

English

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be honest with you, I sincerely doubt a masters in anything is going to significantly help you. Why does it also have to be in the US or Canada?

I'll be honest with you, I sincerely doubt a masters in anything is going to significantly help you. Why does it also have to be in the US or Canada?

It does not have to be in US or Canada, but it's one of the options.

I have below-average stats for rads, and a masters in anatomy. I got a good number of interviews and the anatomy degree was frequently brought up as a positive.

... I'd check back AFTER match day to see how much it actually helped me, though!

Not sure what you rationale is, but...

How about, the Masters of Science in Biomedical Imaging (MSBI) Program at UCSF?

http://www.radiology.ucsf.edu/education/graduate-programs/mbi-program

Thanks, MSBI program will be helpful.

I have below-average stats for rads, and a masters in anatomy. I got a good number of interviews and the anatomy degree was frequently brought up as a positive.

... I'd check back AFTER match day to see how much it actually helped me, though!

My stats are below average too, that's why I'm looking for a master degree.
I'm sure it will help you, I know IMG who did anatomy master, and found a position in Rad.
I heard that medical physics master is much more helpful, but it's a tough one.