Which maths are constituted into the Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightthecandle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask this is because my first semester of college, I took a lower level math: Intermediate Algebra. However, my school's grading system does not consider the Intermediate Algebra when calculating GPA because college credit is not awarded to this specific class (I guess because its not considered "college level"). So I'm wondering if I should include this when calculating my science GPA (it's for this research program I'm applying to), because I didn't do that great in Algebra (C) but I kicked butt in PreCalc, and Calc (A's in both). and of course I'll add my Bio grades into the Science GPA.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

All math is normally included, but if you didn't receive credit for it, I doubt that AMCAS will include it in your GPA. How does it appear on your transcript?

well, the school considers taking the class as granting one "E" credit. This means ( the 'E' credits) that there are absolutely no credits granted as counting toward graduation. The sole purpose of counting the Algebra as "E" credit, is so that a student can be considered a "full time student" with 12 credits. However, it is not calculated in my overall GPA at all. Now that I think about it I should just call up my school and find out (which would undoubtedly be the smarter thing to do, haha). I hope this thread clears up any concerns/doubts anyone else may have, regardless.

:sleep: