Which med school books to keep/get rid of

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hurricane

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm going through my bookshelf trying to decide which med school books to keep and which ones to sell or give away. Damn things are heavy and I don't wanna move them cross country.

So which books did you decide to keep as a resident? Obviously I will not need that First Aid for Step 2 CS book as a resident. At least, I hope not :laugh: I guess I should keep the path textbook and netter's around as a reference. Those are very doctorly things to have sitting on your bookshelf. And my neuro stuff. But the histology atlas? I'm not ever going to need that again, am I? Biochem review book - hell no. Pharm's probably outdated already - that's what epocrates is for...

Any suggestions from those older and wiser?

Members don't see this ad.

Hurricane said:
So I'm going through my bookshelf trying to decide which med school books to keep and which ones to sell or give away. Damn things are heavy and I don't wanna move them cross country.

So which books did you decide to keep as a resident? Obviously I will not need that First Aid for Step 2 CS book as a resident. At least, I hope not :laugh: I guess I should keep the path textbook and netter's around as a reference. Those are very doctorly things to have sitting on your bookshelf. And my neuro stuff. But the histology atlas? I'm not ever going to need that again, am I? Biochem review book - hell no. Pharm's probably outdated already - that's what epocrates is for...

Neuro, especially neuroimaging, is worth keeping. Ditto for any of the big, broad review of medicine books (Harrison's, Cecil's, etc.). Other than that, can't really think of anything that's been so helpful that I would consider lugging it cross country.

Hurricane said:

Mustn't...discard...books...might...need...someday...
Organic...chem...physics...can't...let...go...can't...let...g........ :scared: