Which Medical School to choose?

Started by presando
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

presando

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in the Caribbean. I have 3 conditional acceptances from the medical faculties of UWI Mona, UWI Cavehill, and SGU. I only applied to these. My problem is which medical school to choose.
In my class of prospective A level medical students I was the only one offered a place at UWI Mona. I understand that they have gained international recognition for the quality of their Medical program. UWI Cavehill only opened a full five year medical program last year. Both Medical programs start at the end of August.
SGU has just offered me a place in the 3rd year of their pre med program, beginning Jan 2010. Now I must admit I am tempted by this offer mainly because of the prospect of having an extended vacation until the end of the year. Sadly, this is not a luxury with the the other 2.

Where should I go? I only have a few days in which to make my decision.

(If only one had offered me a place I would not have this problem)