Which medical schools are non-rolling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UAAUGAUAG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm swarmed with secondaries lol and trying to figure out which medical schools I need to send out first. How can I find out if a medical school is non-rolling? I know Harvard and Penn aren't, but I can't find the information online for others, like Yale, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

If you look on MSAR there's a section that says when the committee starts reviewing apps. Still rolling but some don't start until say Aug 15th so then you can do others that started reviewing already

Reactions: 1 user
Whether or not a school has a formal policy of non-rolling admission by announcing all acceptances on a single day, the process of screening, evaluating and reviewing applications, as well as the rolling nature of offering interview invites, makes every medical school effectively rolling. The admission process rolls along even if the formal announcements do not.

So you're saying that schools that send out acceptances on a single day also review applications (post-interview) on a rolling basis? Do they also then make an unofficial list of people to accept on a rolling basis as well?

Members don't see this ad :)

Just to reiterate in melodic form with lyrics below. Pay attention to the episode title at about .18 as it kind of goes with adcom review

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies* movin'
Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope and throw and brand 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide!
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide!

Rawhide!

This is my theme song.

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to revive a dead thread -- @gonnif @gyngyn , are you saying that the date of your interview matters at a non-rolling school? Does somebody interviewing in october have a better chance than someone interviewing in January, if all decisions are announced in March?

In my opinion and experience, even the rolling schools are very selective in making offers so that there are still offers to be made when the last group of interviewees comes through the door. "interviewing for the waitlist" doesn't happen at most schools.

Reactions: 1 user