Which medical schools do not conduct interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know both schools at Michigan State University are doign less and less interviews and just admitting people after secondaries. Any others?

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorB said:
I know both schools at Michigan State University are doign less and less interviews and just admitting people after secondaries. Any others?

I have never heard of this happening. Is this really true?

U Pitt.. i heard of several instances last year where people were accepted without an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa used to not have interviews. I've heard their current interviews are more of a token than anything. A friend of mine went to Iowa for med shcool and was accepted sans interview.

Don't some D.O. schools not have interviews? as far as I kno, ALL m.d. schools have 'em.

firebird69guy said:
U Pitt.. i heard of several instances last year where people were accepted without an interview.

Those individuals proably have a 45 MCAT, 4.0 GPA (quintuple major), saved 20 African villages, found a cure for cancer and AIDS, published 50 related papers, won the Nobel Prize (thrice, back to back to back), speaks 20 languages, and represented the USA in the Olympics while breaking all the major Genesis records and single-handedly saved 33 doggies (11 of them puppies) from the top floor of a 50 story burning building.

Reactions: 1 user
Zuerst said:
Those individuals proably have a 45 MCAT, 4.0 GPA (quintuple major), saved 20 African villages, found a cure for cancer and AIDS, published 50 related papers, won the Nobel Prize (thrice, back to back to back), speaks 20 languages, and represented the USA in the Olympics while breaking all the major Genesis records and single-handedly saved 33 doggies (11 of them puppies) from the top floor of a 50 story burning building.

man, i hate those people!

seriously though, i've never heard of any med school (m.d. or d.o.) accepting sans interview. when i first heard that you don't have to interview to get into law school i was floored.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend who was accepted to the nursing program at Johns Hopkins who had his interview waived. I mean...who gets a waived interview!!! How does these things happen!!

tifa said:
I have a friend who was accepted to the nursing program at Johns Hopkins who had his interview waived. I mean...who gets a waived interview!!! How does these things happen!!

i've heard of this at nurse practitioner schools. i think columbia doesn't interview either. or doesn't require it.

nibrocli said:
man, i hate those people!

seriously though, i've never heard of any med school (m.d. or d.o.) accepting sans interview. when i first heard that you don't have to interview to get into law school i was floored.

Thats because law schools dont have to screen possible students to see if they are actual compassionate human beings capable of empathy and carring on an intelligent conversation with anyone just off the street ;).

Sorry, you left that door wide open :D .

Touchdown said:
Thats because law schools dont have to screen possible students to see if they are actual compassionate human beings capable of empathy and carring on an intelligent conversation with anyone just off the street ;).

Sorry, you left that door wide open :D .

True- but communication is just as important for lawyers as for doctors. Moreover, people expect lawyers to be extremely articulate.

nibrocli said:
i've heard of this at nurse practitioner schools. i think columbia doesn't interview either. or doesn't require it.

No, hopkins requires interviews...my friend seriously just got his waived.

vtucci said:
True- but communication is just as important for lawyers as for doctors. Moreover, people expect lawyers to be extremely articulate.

Actually verbal communication can be avoided almost entirely in one's law career if they choose the right field. Written communication however is a whole different story. Moral of the story, you can have no ability to communicate and still make an excellent lawyer...dr's not so much.

I think the answer is basically that no school does it across the board and if it happens at all at any school it is very very rare. Even if the interview is just "token" (and personally I can't say I've heard of any schools where that's true though I'm no expert) its still an interview.

DoctorB said:

huh?

BrettBatchelor said:
WVSOM gives auto acceptance if you have certain stats.
Not to mention $3K in cash, Brett.