Which MPH program is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shojaeis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to MPH programs at UC Irvine, USC, Boston Univ. and George Washington.

I am a little confused on where to go, and I am still waiting on UCLA and Yale to get back to me. But b/t the option is there a better one. or are they all in the same level?

I would really like GW since its in DC and provides great opportunities in the area. But im out in California and it would be a big move.

any info would be much appreciated.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

BU or GW will afford you far more choices and opportunities because they are full schools of public health, unlike USC and UCI which are programs housed within the medical schools.

well UCI is a full school now as well. and cost wise it would be much cheaper since i went there for undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
well UCI is a full school now as well. and cost wise it would be much cheaper since i went there for undergrad.

It's not currently on ASPH's website: http://www.asph.org/document.cfm?page=200.

Maybe it's still in development, but not quite there yet? Regardless, if it's still developing, it'll still be smaller than the other two full schools that are more established.

But if cost is your main concern, UCI is a good choice since you're in-state (I'm assuming).

Didn't want to make another thread. Can anyone offer any advice? Where should I go?

Hopkins MHS (mmi)
Columbia MPH (epi)
Brown MPH (general)
UPitt MPH (epi microbiology)
Drexel MPH (epi)
Yale MS (cde)

Did anyone offer you money? If so, that's where you go..

Did anyone offer you money? If so, that's where you go..

Really? a school offered me $10k, which is a lot of money for MPH... but wouldnt you consider school ranking factors as well? *confuuused*

I meant this in the context of comparable schools with comparable tuition.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I'm trying to decide between Columbia's Health Policy track and UMich's Health Policy and Management track. I haven't received anything from either of them yet in terms of funding (it's on it's way, according to both schools) but does anyone have any advice in terms of which would be a better program in the long-run?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I'm trying to decide between Columbia's Health Policy track and UMich's Health Policy and Management track. I haven't received anything from either of them yet in terms of funding (it's on it's way, according to both schools) but does anyone have any advice in terms of which would be a better program in the long-run?

I would say Columbia. Even though UMich is ranked #1, the location of Columbia gives you an advatange that no other schools can. And I hear from many people that an MPH is better... Plus, UMich's out of state tuition is similar to a private uni's tuition.