MPH MD/MPH without residency interested in a public health career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedGrl@2022

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone completed an MD or DO/MPH program and then gotten a job in public health or academia without doing/completing medical residency? If so, can someone please elaborate on what that path was like.

Thank you in advance!
 
I know you explicitly asked for non-residency options, but there are preventive medicine residencies. These are one or two years long and based on what I’ve read seem pretty chill. Having a residency under your belt increases the marketability of your degree dramatically. I would at least do something like this to keep some doors open.

One example: Preventive Medicine Residency - Graduate Medical Education | Loma Linda University Health.