Step I Which NBME 3, 5, or 6 should I take?

Started by Helo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Helo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I have exactly 3 weeks left (can't believe it) and I have NBME's 3, 5, and 6 left to take. I was thinking 6 today but if I get a terrible score I hope it doesn't shoot down my confidence...Does anyone have any advice as to which one I should first, second, etc? I want to take one today and then another one later in the week. Thanks!!!
 
Well, for anyone who cares (lol) I decided to do NBME 6. It is a VERY good test...it is a bit challenging and asks you to think about a few of the questions. Good luck to everyone...!
 
how does the score on nmbe 6 compare to your other scores?
i took nmbe 3 while u were taking 6. i thought it was harder than 1 and 2
do you have the answers to nmbe 6?
 
Hey!

I've taken 1 (4 weeks ago), 2 (3 weeks ago), 4 (1 week ago), 6 today and my scores on 4 and 6 were the same, but my performance breakdown was different. I apparently need a bit of work in cardio from NBME 6 whereas my cardio in #4 was pretty solid. I have yet to take #3 (which I hear is quite representative?).

How about you? I too thought that #4 and #6 were more challenging than #'s 1 and 2... Let's hope the real thing is comparable!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woops... i meant, harder than 1 and 4..
i did not take 2 yet... i have taken 1, 3, 4..
so far, in terms of scores, from best to worse
4 (took a week ago)>3 (took today)>1 (took 2 weeks ago)...

i thought 3 was hard. i did bad on form 1 because it was the first one i took. what messed me up in form 3 was the semantics... i got caught up on the wording, not sure what they were asking...
 
Yea, I know exactly what you mean... were your scores really different btw 3 and 4? I'm hoping that most of these scores kind of correlate together. A friend of mine got a 224 on form 4 (he said it was too hard), got a 244 on Form 3 and mid 250's on the real thing, so maybe it comes down to the strengths and weaknesses on that one test.

I'm gonna try to take #3 in a couple days so I don't have to take much next week. I don't wanna get a bad score right before the exam!
 
it was only a 2 point difference between exam 3 and 4.
exam 3 confused me cuz i didnt know if they wanted the chicken or the egg. i knew which order it was in, but i didnt know if they were asking for the chicken or the egg..
when r u taking the exam