Which OD schools are known to give the most amount of financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeSee20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to be an applicant in this upcoming cycle and so far the schools I have chosen are: NOVA, SCO, OSU, Berkeley.

I was wondering if there was a particular OD school that is known to give substantial financial aid? I'm planning to aim as high as I can in terms of the OAT in order to open up as many possibilities.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure about the other three schools, but I can tell you that Berkeley automatically gives each student in good academic standing between $3-$5K each year (depending on the year, as you get more during fourth year to make up for rotations/travel). There is also an additional $1K you are eligible to apply for beginning in second year (almost everyone in the class gets one as long as you apply). And if you are outside the bay area counties during your fourth year rotations, you get approximately $5K reduction in your tuition due to "in absentia".

That said, the $26K annual tuition may not seem so bad, but living in the area can be quite expensive.

Reactions: 1 users
grad plus will look @ your credit score