Which of the candidates is least harmful to doctors-pathologist's income ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y2k_free_radical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First a pox on both the RAT and DEM ESTABLISHMENTS--so also to the CAP and AMA;however ,under which candidate do the posters here think we would financially suffer least income wise only?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hildabeast.

That said, she is the last one I would ever vote for perhaps on the planet.

In terms of Pathology reimbursement: This is literally impossible to know. There are so many variables and ways for us to be screwed by so many different angles, this is unknowable in advance.

In terms of taxes: Cruz's tax plan which is a flat 10% tax is BY FAR the best for higher earners. Of course this assumes it isnt paired with a 50% gross pay reduction.

I would guess without a crystal ball Bernie would be the most harmful to both reimbursement AND taxed rates so the proper your answer would probably be "Anybody BUT Bernie"

Members don't see this ad :)
Trump would be the worst. His isolationist views would ruin the country.

Anybody but Trump and Bernie please!

Trump would be the worst. His isolationist views would ruin the country.

Anybody but Trump and Bernie please!

No way! Bernie would empower the middle and lower class so that they could actually pay our bills.

The Donald would fire CMS and allow us bill as much as we want provided he gets a cut.

We win either way!

It is essentially impossible for a US President to "ruin" the country. We have so many shadow pockets of power and checks/balances, we could elect a lab chimp president and everyday life would not change much.

Reactions: 1 users
Gr53bCt.png

We're in good hands, guys.

Im beginning to think that Trump maybe nigh impossible to beat by anyone...The voter turnout on the Repub side is stupid huge and the more UFC action at future Trump rallies, the more people will jump on board to see the whole thing "burn."

Kinda sad.

I live on the Kentucky border with Indiana and Ohio and Trump is huge here. The factories have slowly disappeared and been replaced with Amazon and fast food joints so there are a lot of upset people. Once nice, safe rural cities are now full of poverty and drugs. At first everyone had Ben Carson stickers but those have been replaced with Make America Great Again.

I say Make Pathology Great Again!

Trump won't win a general election. He panders to the far right and turns off those in the center-right, in the middle or the left. What works in the primaries does not work in the general election. If he gets the Republican nomination it's a guarantee of a Democrat President.

Trump won't win a general election. He panders to the far right and turns off those in the center-right, in the middle or the left. What works in the primaries does not work in the general election. If he gets the Republican nomination it's a guarantee of a Democrat President.

Ted Cruz is no different in many of those respects. He's just not as big of an A-hole. He also has the most punchable face of all the candidates. I think the republicans are hosed no matter what. If they go to a contested convention and pick Cruz or the other guy, Trump supporters will walk or write him in the general election. The only candidate with a shot at the general electorate called it quits yesterday.

If I were a betting man, I'd put the odds of a Hillary presidency at 90% right now.

Ted Cruz is no different in many of those respects. He's just not as big of an A-hole. He also has the most punchable face of all the candidates. I think the republicans are hosed no matter what. If they go to a contested convention and pick Cruz or the other guy, Trump supporters will walk or write him in the general election. The only candidate with a shot at the general electorate called it quits yesterday.

If I were a betting man, I'd put the odds of a Hillary presidency at 90% right now.

In a brokered convention, yes probably Cruz or Kaisich. Many say that Trump has no chance in a general election, this is unlikely. Trump has shown that he can bring in democrats and independents, as well as republicans. Rubio, basically got in the mud pit with Trump and it did not reflect well on him. I think Trump will do well and is going to bring in many Bernie supporters. I think Trump is a democrat, who has essentially hijacked the Republican party.

Except that he's the most friendly "republican" to planned parenthood and he once supported government single payer healthcare. He's actually pretty moderate to liberal for a republican but yes he'll lose to Hillary because of the other issues

Last edited:
Cracks me up when people say that "if Trump is the nominee, it means Hillary is the next president". As strange as things are going, who knows? Anything is possible.

Cracks me up when people say that "if Trump is the nominee, it means Hillary is the next president". As strange as things are going, who knows? Anything is possible.

Mark my words and come back here in November: Trump nomination = Hillary inauguration in January.

The only strange things going on are in the Republican primaries. Bernie has support, but not enough to overcome Hillary. Bernie supporters are NOT going to go and vote for Trump just because Bernie doesn't get the nomination. And Trump has pretty much nil support among Democrats. Sorry, but he (and Cruz) get the far-right vote and that's about it. Put either of them up as the nominee and you get four more years of Democrat POTUS.

Trump will get more cross over votes than any Republican in history, watch. As crazy as it sounds, Hillary is MORE of a neo-conservative on most things than Trump.

With Trump as a candidate, voters have essentially 2 Progressive Democrats to vote for...

Trump will get more cross over votes than any Republican in history, watch. As crazy as it sounds, Hillary is MORE of a neo-conservative on most things than Trump.

With Trump as a candidate, voters have essentially 2 Progressive Democrats to vote for...

I'll watch as Trump gets beaten in the biggest general election margin in decades. He'd have to DRASTICALLY change his demeanor and rhetoric to even get close to 40% of the vote, and this is the age of the internet and non-stop video recording of everything you say. There's no way for him to escape the crap he's been spewing in the primaries and play nice for the general election.

Trump's biggest problem is how many in the republican party will stay home all together? Like LADoc said, voters have two democrats to choose from. He will be getting a lot of crossover votes. If republican support is strong, he could easily end up winning.

Hillary has plenty of videos that can be used against her as well.

Trump can't even hold a rally in a major city like Chicago without getting disparate groups together to boycott and kill it.

Trump is unelectable in a general election. There aren't enough predominantly white voters with a high school diploma or less to vote him into office.

There are so many gems Hillary can use against him, whether it's trump U, his failed mortgage business or tidbits like this today:

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/polit...kelly-latest-twitter-tirade-article-1.2568017

I've believed from day one that Hillary and trump planned this to screw over the gop. It's working perfectly

Reactions: 1 user

So would I, and I am a betting man. Although, that's not much of a stretch as Hillary is currently over a 2:1 favorite to win it all, or -220 money line for you betting types out there...;)

Last edited:
I don't think it really matters. Most of the proposals candidates make during campaigns have zero chance of becoming law (especially tax proposals). Hilary is probably the safest bet because things are unlikely to significantly change, and stability is typically more financially stable for the vast majority of practitioners. A significant change in health care reimbursement would likely institute a lot of competition and $ would flow to those best positioned, whoever that is, whether it is poorer larger hospitals (like if Sanders gets his way) or niche for-profit privately owned facilities (if some republicans get their way). Both extremes would probably be bad for most practitioners.

the biggest impacts will likely be long term and are not predictable, based on the direction that CMS takes and how ancillary tax breaks and tax codes shake out, how much impact any regulation has on pharmaceutical and extended care facility pricing (which are taking up an increasingly larger portion of the health care pie). I have zero confidence in the republicans doing anything other than maintaining the status quo for these money sucks. They might shake up the insurance industry but that would mostly mean more higher deductible (i.e. cheaper) plans which would mean more bad debt and less income for honest practitioners. If the democrats have their way there will be more medicaid, which is not great but to be honest probably better than increasing higher deductible plans.

So in a sense the president doesn't matter much. The bigger impacts will be from the public mood - who do people get fed up with first? Do they get fed up with "medical bills" in general (which hurts hospitals and to a lesser extent doctors)? Do they get fed up with insurance companies (which probably hurts everyone but mostly hurts doctors and hospitals)? Or do they get fed up with drug companies (which mostly only hurts drug companies and unscrupulous over prescribing doctors, with some impact on hospitals?)