Quantcast

Which of these classes should I take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

philliphaha

Members don't see this ad.
Hey guys,
I just graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry. I'm applying for the upcoming 2014-2015 cycle, but in the meantime, I'll be taking some summer classes at UCR. I'm still deciding on what classes I should take though.

Class list:
Fundamentals of Cell Bio
Human Neuroanatomy
Systems Neuroscience
Molecular Biology
Human Embryology
Stem Cell Biology

Can you guys rank these by which are the most useful in Dental school and/or which classes Dental schools would like to see you take?

Thanks!

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
honestly, none of those topics are covered in any deapth in dental school. I mean sure we touch a little bit of embryology when we took histology, but all the embryo was covoered in like 1-2 powerpoints (it wasn't extensive at all). Taking a fullblown undergrad course is wayyy overkill.

Maybe cell biology from top list is okay, you cover alot of that stuff in biochem

Dentalguy8621

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry. I'm applying for the upcoming 2014-2015 cycle, but in the meantime, I'll be taking some summer classes at UCR. I'm still deciding on what classes I should take though.

Class list:
Fundamentals of Cell Bio
Human Neuroanatomy
Systems Neuroscience
Molecular Biology
Human Embryology
Stem Cell Biology

Can you guys rank these by which are the most useful in Dental school and/or which classes Dental schools would like to see you take?

Thanks!

Out of that list fundamentals and molecular bio. Have you taken immunology? Take that if you can