Which of these two programs would you suggest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...........................sry

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
are both of those at Georgetown..if so..i'm debating the same thing...but with a 3.75 GPA , awaiting retake MCATs...1st one in the twenties due to lack of studying....anticipating a 31 by looks of my fl's....any responses???

I'm a Canadian applicant with a 3.49 GPA (no trend), 34Q, research experience, clinical experience,

which of the following glide year programs would you think have the potential of helping my application more?

1) MS Cell and Molecular Biology
- 30 credits, 18 of which come from courses like Pathophysiology, Immunology, Embryology, Molecular Biology of Cancer, Gross Anatomy
- internship at hospital

2) MS Physiology
- 64 credits, including Medical physiology, medical biochemistry, medical microanatomy, clinical embryology, neurophysiology, and a literature review thesis paper
- formal doctor shadowing program

The second of the two is an SMP. Do I really need an SMP? Or can I get away with the more laid-back course-load of #1?

I don't know about quality, but certainly the latter has won the quantity battle. What type of internship is the first one?

Members don't see this ad :)
are both of those at Georgetown..if so..i'm debating the same thing...but with a 3.75 GPA , awaiting retake MCATs...1st one in the twenties due to lack of studying....anticipating a 31 by looks of my fl's....any responses???

no neither are at Georgetown. 3.75 GPA looks awesome. I don't think you should even go anywhere near an SMP!! Do well on that MCAT though. Why don't you take a review course?

Thanks...I know I wanted 2 do a prep course, its been a while since my classes i couldn't afford it at the time but now I am, but I'm going to be late in th cycle ....but I'm improving so we'll see.