Which one should I buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSInspired

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into purchasing the CRACK DAT softwares, but I don't know which package to buy. Should I get the Ace Edition Bundle Package with 10 PAT, 10 MATH, 15 Reading, and 5 Science Tests or just the Royal Flush Edition of CRACK DAT PAT? I heard many good things about the software for perceptual ability testing, but I am not sure how good it is for other things. Any help will be greatly appreciated =] Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I only know of thier AWESOM PAT tests. I bought the 10 PAT test version, and did only the first 8. Toward my last 2 tests I was averaging 19-20.... ended up with 20 on the real deal so.... its pretty accurate.

IMO Crack DAT PAT is the BEST PAT resource out there

I can't speak about science/math/reading cause I didn't buy them

Crack DAT Math is great as well. I used all the tests for timing practice. It worked well with me. As for Science and Reading, I did not find them helpful at all.

You should use DAT Destroyer/Cliff's AP Biology for sciences. For reading, you could try using top score practice exams

Members don't see this ad :)
I found the PAT to be really good. I found the other components to be not that good. I also heard Topscore to be really good, but I didn't buy it.

Get the full version for the PAT but don't do the math. I improved my PAT score to a 21 from 19 using it, but the math is just something you should use Kaplan for as a base and practice lots of questions in my opinion. However remember to not spend too much time in these sections. My dental school (MWU) really doesn't care about either QR or PAT, and lots of people got in this year with low scores in this area. What does matter is your AA so don't let your QR drop too much, but PAT at least at MWU isn't a score really looked at too much as far as what I have heard.
Good Luck

I really liked the crack software. I only used crack the math and crack the PAT towards the end to help with timing. It worked well for me and really built my confidence for test day while giving me realistic practice. As far as TopScore and DAT achiever go they are good for practicing test taking skills. I felt like they were a little harder than the DAT itself but good practice. I would highly recommend Crack the PAT and Crack the Math but do not know much about the other software they have.