Which one would you choose? BU/Temple/NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drnpp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just wanted to know your thoughts on the school and which one would you choose? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Temple. Great clinical setting. Great patient pool. Great school. Period.

Good Luck

Jason

thanks jason

Members don't see this ad :)
drnpp said:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to know your thoughts on the school and which one would you choose? :confused:

TEMPLE HANDS DOWN!!! their CLINICAL is the BEST! I live in south florida and NOVA is... well... BLECH!!!! no patient pool =/ and BU well... damn its expensive!!!! GOOD LUCK, i'm sure you will make the right decision :luck:

TEMPLE. Great clinical exposure and awesome cheesesteak carts next to the Chinese fruit cart. YUM!

mrodr043 said:
I live in south florida and NOVA is... well... BLECH!!!! no patient pool =/

It's funny, just because you live in South FL, does that mean you automatic know about NSUCDM? The answer is "no". Or maybe you know one or two NSUCDM current students, does that mean you know about my school? Again, the answer is "no"!

No patient pool? Are you kidding?

Temple is an amazing school, I'll be the first to admit. They do have plenty of patients, but they're all majority poor patients. When I interviewed there back in 2002, seniors were telling me that they had to fork out thousands of dollars to pay off their patients' balances so they can graduate!

NSUCDM, we not only have patients, but we have mostly wealthy patients who are willing to pay for their treatments and pay them in cash in advance. Never heard of a senior who had to pay for patient's procedure to graduate!

Temple and NSU are two different schools in two different settings. No one is better than the other. I, for one, love my NSU experiences and clinical exposure and I picked NSU over Temple (I was also accepted) back in 2002.

Regardless of where you go, you'll be a dentist, but pick a place where you'll be happy for 4 years! Oh, one last thing, just because NSU did not accept you and you got accepted to Temple, there's no need to knock on NSU!

thanks for all the input :) ... i agree both school are good

no brainer!!! Nova for sure