Which Outside Resources Are Useful During 3rd Year Clerkships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captain_Falcon

PGY-1, Neurology
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm an M2 and need to decide if I want to add onto my subscriptions for the following resources:

1. Pathoma
2. Sketchy
3. Boards and Beyond
4. Amboss

Is it worth it to re-up all of them so I have access for the rest of this year (m2) and all of 3rd year clerkships?

Members don't see this ad.

None of those tbh. Uworld + OnlineMedEd if you want a lecture style overview of each topic before diving into the questions.

I believe Boards and Beyond just launched a Step 2 CK lecture series to compete with OME. No idea which of them is better right now.

Reactions: 1 users
you can find downloaded copies of 1-3 in certain places

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt use any of those third year. Only UWorld and OME

You’ll have enough between uworld, rotation specific requirements, and the occasional book if you want it (ie casefiles etc). The ones you listed won’t do too much.

Maybe keep your sketchy micro anki in circulation though. Feel like that would have helped me more than anything else in your list for step 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Online Med Ed + UWORLD +/- one rotation specific resource were all I used.

For example, for Ob/Gyn the ACOG q bank is basically the shelf exam.

The surgery shelf is basically the medicine shelf with “operate” as an additional answer choice.

Last edited:
Can’t believe so many people recommend OME. I thought his videos were terrible. I used anki and uworld and that was enough

Reactions: 2 users
Can’t believe so many people recommend OME. I thought his videos were terrible. I used anki and uworld and that was enough

The outlines are really good. Used to be you could buy 1 month and download them all in one sitting. I agree that the videos were ok, but when supplemented with a Qbank, they really hit the high points.

Online Med Ed + UWORLD +/- one rotation specific resource were all unused.

For example, for Ob/Gyn the ACOG q bank is basically the shelf exam.

The surgery shelf is basically the medicine shelf with “operate” as an additional answer choice.
UWise was amazing