Which Pharmacy School Should I Go To??

Started by NateK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NateK

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, so I’m currently interviewing to schools and I need help deciding what school to choose. So I haven’t heard back yet from all the schools I’ve interviewed at but I’m just gunna give you two different scenarios.

First: assuming I get in everywhere I interviewed
Wayne state university (Pros = I live in Michigan with parents so it would be much cheaper, Cons = I hate Michigan)
Vs. Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences
Vs. Midwestern University in Lombard IL
Vs. Thomas Jefferson University PA

Second:
Midwestern University vs. Thomas Jefferson University
 
None of the above. Avoid pharmacy school at all costs. You'll be looking back in 5 years saying "why the hell did I even choose this career?"

The jobs are just not there for all these new graduates!

I applied to another job to get the hell out of retail (CVS) and that job had 52 applicants for 1 freaking position!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) If you are going to love being a pharmacist, then go to the school where you want to live. The local school will have unmatched advantages in networking/rotation opportunities that will help you land the job you want, where you want.
2) Pick the school where you will enjoy the education the most.
3) Pick the less expensive school.