Which PM&R programs are best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunno

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future and present PM&R docs,

I need to decide from the following list where I should interview. Can any of you offer any input about any of these programs?

1. Emory, Atlanta
2. Baylor, Dallas
3. LSU, New Orleans
4. UW, Seattle
5. Rush-Presbyterian, Chicago
6. Schwab-University of Chicago
7. Albert Einstein, New York
8. St. Vincents-New York Medical College
9. Rusk-NYU

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by dunno

I need to decide from the following list where I should interview. Can any of you offer any input about any of these programs?

1. Emory, Atlanta
2. Baylor, Dallas
3. LSU, New Orleans
4. UW, Seattle
9. Rusk-NYU

Thanks

1. do not know about
2. baylor: excellent rep, but did not interview there.
3. do not know about
4. UW: probably the best for inpatient rehab. they are an excellent program. work you hard. make you take graduate level classes (with exams) without getting a masters degree. excellent emg. seattle great. pretty weak musculoskeletal training at this time, however they have hired three new MSK faculty to improve this problem. Most of us on this forum seem to be interested in outpatient/MSK/Pain PM&R, and ranked UW lower because of their exposure to these areas.
5. rush - did not interview
6. Schwab: part of UofChicago. Terrible location in the ghettos of Chicago. Your patient population will be very homogenous. In house call! Nice program director.
7. ?
8. ?
9. good rep, but malignant residency if I remember.

all the best.

Originally posted by dunno

1. Emory, Atlanta
2. Baylor, Dallas
3. LSU, New Orleans
4. UW, Seattle
9. Rusk-NYU

Thanks

Baylor-Dallas: good program, small size. They do have their own free-standing state of the art Rehab hospital.

UW Seattle: Excellent proram---heavy on the traditional inpatient rehabilitation stuff. Great EMG training. Like Ligament said, you will likely need to do a fellowship if you aspire to MSK/Pain/Sports or spine rehab.

Thank you for your replies Dr. Russo and Ligament. This information will be helpful in selecting sites where to interview.

I am also wondering if anyone has any opinions on the PM&R program at Loma Linda Medical Center, California.

Thanks